Uber like taxi apps plays an important role in the way we travel today. These apps have made our lives easier and have provided a convenience that was not possible a few years ago. These apps work such that with just by a few taps on the app you get the most amazing taxi experience.
They have become popular across the globe because they are:
- Facilitate cashless payments
- Are easy and convenient to use
- Enable real-time tracking of your taxi
- Provide a direct line of communication between the driver and the passenger
- Have a facility to view and review drivers
- Have a provision to compare prices and choose the best budget-friendly ride
Here we look at two of the most important panels of the taxi booking app, namely the front end panel and the admin panel.
The front end panel is classified into two components, namely the driver app and the passenger app.
Let’s delve into each one in detail.
Passenger app and its features
This is the front end app for all taxi passengers who require the services of a taxi. It is said to be the passenger’s virtual friend, giving the passenger the best driver and vehicle for their ride.
Features of the passenger app
- A unique sign up a facility that allows users to sign up either by creating a new account or through social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Google etc
- Pick up location whereby users can point to their correct location. These can be done through Google Maps or from the frequent location list that will automatically be stored on the app
- Choose the drop off location either from the frequent location drop off points or from Google Maps
- In-app chatting and messaging system – This enables the passenger to chat and message the driver.
Driver app and its features
This app is the driver’s bible. It enables drivers to check out the specific locations of their clients along with details of their preferences.
Features of the driver app
- In app chat facility – Drivers can chat along with other drivers and see where they are located using the Google Maps feature
- Interaction with passengers – AS soon as the driver receives a ride request, he will be able to see the passenger details like their ratings, and pick up and drop off location, and decide whether they want to accept or reject the ride.
- Inbuilt navigation system – A robust built-in navigation system is essential for safe and easy navigating. This is where Google Maps come into play.
- Availability button – Drivers have the option to avail themselves whenever they wish to. This button is used to indicate whether they are online or offline at any given time.
- Real-time notification system – Drivers can receipt in app messages and alerts whenever there is a new booking request. This facility also ensures that they receive any important update notifications and emails.
- Review and rating system which allows them to rate and review their passenger and riding experience
The highly advanced features of the admin panel
The admin panel is mainly for the owner of the taxi business. If you are the owner, this is where you will be able to keep track of all your drivers, passengers and the areas where everything is hot and happening so that you send more drivers to cater to such areas.
Features of the admin panel include:
- Payment invoicing system, either weekly, monthly or both
- Management of new and existing passengers and drivers
- Live dashboard which will help you manage your business, especially by showing you heat areas so that reach to those clients quickly
- Real-time tracking for drivers enabling to keep tabs on all your drivers at all times, so that you can send drivers in areas where their services are required the most, thereby improving the quality of your business.
- Surge pricing – Allows you to increase the fares when there is a maximum demand for your services.
- Management of drivers – This facility allows you to add, delete, block, unblock and update your drivers.
- Management of Offers, coupons and promotion codes – Introduce lucrative offers to retain your current clientele and invite new ones
- Live feed or local events
- Report and analytics
Want to start a smart taxi business?
From the list of various features listed above, it is obvious that the process of building a taxi app is not only time consuming but difficult as well. It is therefore recommended that you seek the services of a taxi app developer who has the experience and the know-how on how to go about it. It is better to check them out before signing on the dotted line.
If you are looking to go ahead-into appyfying your taxi business then pick up the phone and call the developer today. Get the best man to do the job for you so that your sales increase in no time!