Google Glasses is an advanced version of smart phones and tablets. To purchase this latest hi-tech wearable and futuristic eye gadget having a chip at the corner of the frame, the users have to wait until next year. This light in weight gadget gives hand-free experience for the users and easy way to interact with the search engines. Glasses can store huge volume of data and gives high speed internet access. Users can search information about any domain within fraction of seconds.
This glassware is the web service which receives and sends information using glass as medium. Google has already offered solution for the developers to create apps in glassware form. This allows the developers to build the apps that are hosted and operated on cloud. Here the users can gain the advantage of using the apps without need of deploying and configuring it on their devices therefore helping to save the storage space.
Best practices followed to develop an App
Google Glassware or apps for this fabulous device should be unique in functionality, design and usability. Since, this gadget is totally different from mobile device in use and design so, the app developer should design the apps exclusively for the glass. This device is just kept an inch away from eye so they need to develop the app in user-friendly way.
- App should be very specific to Glass i.e. the apps that are developed for laptops, Smartphone’s should not transfer the features to Glass and make it compatible to it. The developers should concentrate on the glass functionality and should understand and make the apps which boost the user experience.
- Apps should interact with the users when they want it and should be able to ignore it when it is not required to avoid interference in work
- Notification type Apps should deliver latest information to the users by giving fresh content in timely manner
- Do not deliver the information at unexpected times as it gives bad experience for the users. So it is better to see time, frequency and location before sending any information
- Apps should send the information at right time and place to gain users attention and engagement. For example, displaying a list of items that are available in the departmental store as soon as user enters the store on his/her glass
- Apps developers should not embed advertisement within the glassware, since this may annoy the users
By following the above mentioned guidelines you can definitely design unique, workable apps which give appealing and captivating experience for the users.
Google glasses are fully loaded with many applications. Some of the standard apps include Gmail, Google+, GoogleNow, etc. Few of the apps include facial recognition, news and media apps, social networking apps, language translation, note taking, barcode scanner, QR reader etc. giving appealing and seamless experience for users. The Google Glass App Development companies are undertaking this app projects and applying all their skills for giving out unique, feasible and usable apps for the users.
Interesting and Fun apps for Google Glasses
Some of the renowned apps that are designed by Google Glass App Development Company and have gained the eye of experts include:
Crystal shopper: This is very interesting app for the people who shop often. This app scans the barcode on the product you have selected to purchase and gives all the information embedded inside the code.
CNN app: It is a wonderful and interesting app for the users who would like to know the latest news updates. You can read the headlines, articles, etc published in real-time in front of your eyes. You can read the news as per your preferences. It even loads the videos of the documents so that you watch the live documents without missing them i.e. in case you are away from your place.