Google glasses are the latest augmented-reality-based wearable computing gadget that allows the users record videos and capture pictures of every moment in their lifetime by giving a single voice command. This light weight gadget is easy to wear and can be carried to any place and operated. This device works either with the help of a mobile or Wi-Fi connectivity. The GPS chip embedded in this device allows the users to find out the direction of any location through Google Maps. This portable gadget is an advanced version of both Smartphone’s and tablets. This gives the hand free experience for users and allows easy interaction with the search engines. The individual can access to the internet and can get any information within fraction of seconds by giving commands in microphone.
Tools to develop apps for Google eye gadget
Apps are developed using Glassware. To develop this Glassware people use Google’s Mirror API. This API helps to design new, fun and unique apps for this fabulous device. This Google Glassware is developed using either of the platforms such as Java and Python. Google Glasses Apps Development companies give a different experience for the users with their unique features.
There are few amazing tools that are made available for Google Glasses Apps Development companies to create the apps for Google glasses. The mirror Glass API provided by Google develops only cloud based applications which allow the users to interact with Google Glasses in a limited way. The Glass Development kit (GDK) has inbuilt features which empower app developer to use android code to build Glassware. But this GDK is not yet been released into the market. With the release of this kit, developers can build many more new Google Glass apps.
Services offered by Glassware
Google Glassware is the web services which allow sending and receiving the content to and fro from the glasses. It offers various services, for example
- Gmail service which helps to receive and send messages to your colleagues and friends
- Google Now to view the information related to you and your location, such as cricket score, weather report, flight details, stocks market details on glasses.
- Google+ allows you to view the comments posted, take video calls, share photos and video with your friends and circles, etc.
- Google Play music allows you to listen to your favorite music that is stored in a Google Play library.
The Google Glassware you built should be unique in design, functionality and usability. You can make your app stand out unique among all by following below points:
- Ensure that the glassware is specially designed and tested for glass to give wonderful user experience
- Apps should be effective, up to date and on-moment
- Should not include unnecessary technological interruptions such as recurrent notifications which may annoy the users
- Should give what the user is actually expecting out of the application
By following the above mentioned points you can design wonderful and unique apps for Google Glasses that helps your business to reach newer heights.