60000 Page-Views-Hits in just 7 days on www.TigerCamera.com..
www.TigerCamera.com is a Photo Story Competition Web Application, developed by www.eSiteWorld.com for Europe’s Largest Supermarket www.Tiger-Stores.com Chain Store.
This web application is perfectly build, running successfully and is famous all over the Europe
The theme is MOVEMENT for this competition of www.Tiger-Stores.com – So Shoot, Share and Win. 50 of the best shots will be published in a special book that will be sold only in Tiger Stores and winners will get Free Trip to New York.
More information on www.TigerCamera.com
Proud to be the developers of such perfect system. Our company www.eSiteWorld.com rocks 😉
Open source is a concept to give source code to end user to customize as per requirement. Let’s get into some of the major open source software in PHP.
- CMS – Content Management System
- There are lots of CMS available in PHP which helps you to manage the content of your site. Some of these are very user friendly and some of them are programmer friendly.
- WordPress – Very powerful in implementation and at the same time very easy to use and implement. Initially, it was built to create blogs, but later on it is used to develop static / dynamic websites also. Free and commercial plug-in and themes also made it successful and favorite among web developers.
- Drupal – Drupal is used for at-least 1% of all websites created as back-end CMS. It is used from small scale CMS site to big corporate & political sites. Main drawback of drupal is – administration is quite complicated sometimes.
- Joomla – Joomla is ranging from small static website to big dynamic sites full of numerous features. Administration of Joomla site is a bit tricky, but it gives nice support if you know the administration well. Component / plug-in extensibility made is more powerful. Developer can create their own installable components.
- SilverStripe – It is again a MVC architecture CMS similar to Joomla. But, it has its own framework called Sapphire. Many big organizations are using SilverStripe as CMS for their sites.
- CMS Made Simple – CMS Made Simple is highly customizable CMS. They give you lots of freely available modules to use.
- Concrete5 – Concrete5 is mainly for people who wants site, but have no knowledge of HTML or any other programming language. Any person who has bacis knowledge of computers can manage his CMS site using concrete5. Main feature is online editing. It means, when you are logged in as an administrator, on the site you can directly make changes and save them on the page right there and see how it looks.
- FrogCMS – It is very simple CMS to use. The best part of this CMS is flexible template setup per page.
- TypoLight – TypoLight is now known as Contao. Main feature of this CMS is that it is built on PHP 5.2, fully object oriented and MooTools JS. This makes it Ajax driven application with web 2.0 features.
- TextPattern – If you have used WordPress in past then you would think of WP once while you open the TextPattern. It is very similar to WP. Very simple to use and simple features but yet affective.
- Modx – Modx may give you a slight feel of Joomla. It also gives a facility to build / extend any component and re-distribute in installable format. It is the first FREE CMS which supports web 2.0 and Ajax.
- Symphony – Symphony uses XML and XSLT for template designing. It allows you to customize almost everything on the site include URL of the site. But, it is quite complicated for a non-programmer person.
- There are many Free / Paid Forums available in PHP.
- PHPBB – PHPBB was the first forum I have seen in my development career. Still I do not see any Forum much better than this which is freely available to use.
- BBPress – From the makers of WordPress another amazing thing given to the world to use for free. Similar to WP, it is easy to integrate, maintain and good for SEO purpose.
- SMF – It can be connected to many CMS directly. Supports multiple languages and strong permission based user management module.
- MyBB – The best feature of this forum is – you can easily switch your forum from VBulletin, SMF, phpBB to MyBB through its MyBB Merge System. Lots of plug-ins are available to extent your forum.
- PunBB – It is very light weight and fast forum script. It has minimal design structures to make it simple and fast. Yet, developer can extent it to desired level.
- Phorum – Pure HTML template system which makes it easy to understand and good for designer to make the forum as per client’s requirements.
- Shopping Cart
- E-commerce and online shopping cart are the base of internet boom.
- OpenCart – List of feature includes Unlimited Categories, Unlimited Products, Unlimited Manufacturers, Multi Currency, Multi Language, Product Reviews, Product Ratings, SEO Friendly URLs, Google Base Feed, Google Sitemap, SSL Support, Automatic Image Resizing, Multiple Tax Rates, Related Products, Unlimited Information Pages, Shipping Weight Calculation, Discount Coupon System, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Module System, Backup & Restore Tools, Printable Invoices, Sales Reports, Multi-Store, Multiple Tax Rates, Payment Gateways, Shipping Methods, B2B, Guest Checkout. These are only some of the best features OpenCart has.
- Magento – List of feature includes Marketing Promotions and Tools, Search Engine Optimization, Catalog Management, International Support, Shipping, Customer Service, Order Management, Customer Accounts, Payment, Checkouts, Mobile Commerce ( iPhone optimized ), Analytics and Reporting, Multistore.
- OSCommerce – This is the first Shopping cart I have seen in my life and I am fan of it from that day. Some of the nice features includes Supports unlimited products and unlimited categories, Support physical (shippable) and virtual (downloadable) products, Multilingual , Multicurrency, Secure transactions with SSL, Offline payment processing (cheque, money orders, offline credit care processing, ..), Online payment processing (PayPal, 2CheckOut, Authorize.net, iPayment, ..).
- ZenCart – Wellknown features includes Various customer modes, Unlimited category depth, Various sales and discounts, Various display modes, Various shipping options, Various payment options.
- Social Networks
- After the boom of FaceBook there is no need to explain what is Social Networks.
- Around Me – Create social website (like Ning, Myspace, Yahoo or Google groups). Each group can create multiple pages. They get blog, forum and wiki.
- Classified Site
- Classified sites are very popular in today’s busy life.
- Noah’s Classifieds has a free version of Classifieds site which serves all the basis needs of a classifieds site.