There are various kinds of web designing and web development tools but not all are free. Bootstrap is a free collection of tools released by Twitter in August 2011 that can be used for creating websites and web applications. It contains both HTML and CSS based design templates for typography, navigation, forms, buttons and other interface mechanism, as well as optional Java Script extensions.
The most popular project using bootstrap is GitHub which has been used by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) and MSNBC (Microsoft and the National Broadcasting Company) among others.
Originally Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton at Twitter as a framework to encourage uniformity across internal tools. Before the creation of Bootstrap, various other tools were used for interface development, which led to inconsistencies in web development and a high maintenance.
The first deployment of Bootstrap under real environment happened during Twitter’s first Hackweek. The creators of Bootstrap how to accelerate their project’s development with the help of the toolkit developed. As a result of this many of the web designers and web developers have moved to this frame work for Web Design and Web Development.
Bootstrap Web Design and Bootstrap Web Development
It has lots of amazing features. Although with our average thought we may feel that Bootstrap web design may be difficult to main and not flexible. But that’s not true about Bootstrap it does have some amazing feature that you get like a fluid grid layout, responsive design, custom buttons, variety of typography, Java Script interaction and cross browser compatibility.
These are some of the features that are been offered by Bootstrap to web designers and developers, but to create all these features in the past it used to be a time consuming affair but today with the coming of Bootstrap web designing and developing have become an painless and straight forward activities for the web developers and designers. You should try it out for your next big web project.
Advantages of using Bootstrap Web Design and Bootstrap Web Development
Bootstrap should be definitely added to you web development and web design toolkits because of the following advantages.
- Bootstrap Web Development is fast and you can create a new site or an app in matter of weeks or days with a tight budget.
- You can use the templates that are available make a few changes put up some pictures and interactive session and you web is developed with a design.
- It’s just CSS and Java Script you don’t have to learn a anything new.
- You can just pop it in to any HTML element and make it do fancy stuff.
- Its user responsive from the word go
- The use of fluid grid layout and design for responsive websites is like walk in the park.
- Bootstrap based web designing is fully customizable. The customizer option give you full control over the bits that you wish to use; which helps you to stream line the framework according to your needs.
So Bootstrap based web design and web development is truly a blessing for the web designers and developers if we are to look at the above advantages. It saves the time and energy that goes in to the development and designing of a web project.